View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 10:25 AM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cabela's 3 Forks 3wt/Prestige Plus Combo

Nice review-- and a fair approach to it. I bought the 3 forks combo (with the 3 forks reel), in the same weight, a few years ago. I've since replaced the reel with an old pflueger medalist. Not that (for what I need) the 3 forks reel was terrible, I just had an extra medalist laying around...

I agree with everything your review states-- fit and finish is as good as needed, the cast is nice, and it has a decent amount of 'umph' to pull in fish that are bigger than what you might be targeting with a 3 wt.

I fish mainly warmwaters and the 3 wt three forks is a fantastic sunnie and smaller sized largemouth rod.

One word of caution-- the rod feels a little soft to be overlining it at 50 foot distances. Just my humble opinion. Try it and it might really wake the little rod up, but I suspect you might be going back to the 3 wt. line.