View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: What release tool do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
Find it interesting that not many people use the Ketchum Release tool. You see them all over the place. I expected they were more popular than this poll shows. I never bought one cause I feared they would tear up the large flies we use on the Snake most of the summer.
Hi Davo,

I have used one occasionally since they came on the market. You have to size the Ketchum to the size of fly you are using. When you slide the tool down the line to the fly, the fly goes inside of the tube on the end of the tool. I have found that it works best on larger fish. With small fish, you don't have enough resistance to remove the fly. At least that has been my experience. You are right that some really big streamers might be a problem.