View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 AM

brobar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does ORVIS usually have any decent off-season sales?

I was originally looking in to Sage since they tout a "lifetime warranty" but upon inspecting the verbiage of that warranty it mentions it "does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from the use of the product." That turned me off seeing as I have talked to people who have (like mentioned above) simply stepped on their rod snapping it in two or another friend who accidentally closed his truck door on his rod breaking it and Orvis replaced them both even knowing that it was completely user error that caused the breakage. THAT is the kind of peace of mind I'm looking for. So if you guys know other manufacturers who offer the same type of CS and warranty then let me know... I'm not stuck on Orvis... they are just the first ones I've come across where the warranty and customer service definitely warrants the price.

But I've only been researching for the past 2 or 3 weeks so I figured you fine men & women would be able to offer some sound advice. =)