View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 03:18 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lamson Konic Reel

For what it is worth here is my take on the Konic. Keep in mind I have had mine 2 years and bought it for a backup 3wt for visitors / guests / friends to use. I have personally used it maybe 6 times

It is ok, works well, finish has held up well. All in all no complaints, but it just doesn't have the curb appeal of the spendier reels ie Evolution, Guru , Sage Click etc etc. I do have it paired with a Sage Launch 8'6" 3wt and it balances out well. I also throw it on a Elkhorn 7'6"3wt at it is fine there too.

In the case of a 2-3wt rod the reel is really just a line holder so I havent tested the drag. I did catch a 13" sucker fish on it in a river and that was quite a fight and it did well. In this weight range of gear to me it was more about how it balanced the rod and affordability.

For the price you can't go wrong, but if you get in to UL gear like a TXl, Orvis Superfine then no, I wouldnt pair it with one of those.