View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 06:59 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: entry level-priced 2 piece, mid-priced 4 piece

Use to be, when buying a car, you had to order and pay more for an automatic...things have reversed. Demand.

I can tell you, Orvis made more 4 piece because, that is what the people want. As mentioned by several, easier to transport.
You are limited to where and how you can transport a two piece. Now, you are spending more $, you want to have that as you main rod.

Modern technology ruled out the old thought that the action is different on multi rods. If you want to get technical, I have always heard ODD number pieces was the answer because it allowed a more perfect placement of the guides...I don't know for sure on that, but it made a difference building them. Harmonics.

I grew up fishing my mothers hand me downs. Old and heavy, but I was happy. My first rod purchase was a Pflueger. Price was down there. The weight, balance, action of this rod, totally put me off fly fishing. Seriously. It was friggin work!!!! I went back to my moms old bamboo.
Then I bought a Sage...OMG!!!!! needless to say, I teach, guide and fish 3 to 4 days a week.

IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

But, on a side not, I did catch fish with the Pflueger.