View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 08:28 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sea trout set-up?

Most my experience fishing in Florida has been with a spinning reel. Outside of tarpon, I've never needed more than a 20lb mono or fluoro leader (I don't do a lot of deep sea or shark fishing). In December, pompano are an option, at least on the west coast near the tampa area. Sheepshead are also fun if there is good structure around. Redfish are pretty much always around if you know where to look. Snook get a little iffy toward december but I've been able to catch them year-round. Basically, you'll always be able to catch a good number of fish of different species in December in FL, even in-shore. If you can, try to find some pompano, they're real fun! The reds will still be there too, so I'd say be ready for anything. As far as what to use, I'm brand new to fly fishing so I can't help a whole lot!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...