Thread: Sf bay
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Sf bay

I don't live down there but here you can get a 'Tide Booklet' at any of the major sport shops. Saltwater fish move with the tides and generally the incoming tide from about 2 hours before high tide and from high tide until the action dies off are the best. I used to Live in coastal Virginia and fished the tides there and that was how things worked. Here in Alaska I fish the bays for salmon at times and the tides are key to finding fish. if there are river estuaries nearby, then as the tide rolls out the tide line between salt and fresh water may be good for some species.

A note about river estuaries, if they are muddy use caution when wading or even walking along the mud and silt as the tide is coming in. Some places the mud and silt can be like a suck mud type of stuff that will trap a person in deep sediment.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;