View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 03:22 PM

fishin fever will become famous soon enoughfishin fever will become famous soon enough
Default new GL3 1086-4....casting problems

Hi all ; Well after much research we purchase our "trout/bass good quality last forever rod" the 9 ft 6wt gl3, was after a 2 piece however they only had the 4 pc and gave me fantastic deal.decided on the gloomis over the sage because for the money I wasn't paying for paint and promos in the same price range....sooo we were expecting miracles from rod........ Now at the time off purchase we also worked the reel and line into the deal battenkill and mid qaulity rio wf float. taxes in pockets empty.Now maybe the problem is he put a 5 wt on by mistake[that box was brought over first then a 6 was grab and both were on counter] or maybe it was me trying to use doug m's casting tips to soon or maybe the rod needs to be overlined or i need better line which i will get, using the cheap stuff for pactice. Ok enough with the back ground this rod feels nice lifts the line nice ,airlizes the line nice , and can false cast allday with 25 /30 feet.... BUT my casts fall flat and swiggle[the ones from a false cast and no line shot] ........ reg cast... pull from water 1 backcast 1 fore cast to new spot 20' not bad ........Now this may be all due to me trying new casting tips and new rod at same time??? using tips from dougm excepts side swept backcast to reg forecast "cast in oval not same line" that works nice for me snapping the wrist may be my problem i learned with the frozen wrist 1 to 11, if snapping to soon am i added speed to an allready fast rod that is not fully loaded yet??thus causing the cast to colaspe???