Thread: Frozen rivers
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:46 AM

diamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Frozen rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
Forget it. Wait. No. You said that a frozen river can't be a trout stream. And then said something about completely frozen. I'm merely attempting to show you that, in fact, rivers freeze OVER completely and still hold trout and salmon. Do all the counterpoint you want. Frozen rivers hold trout. Done. Outa here. Sheesh.
Gary
Actually, I said "Trout streams don't freeze". And that was in response to someone saying they'd need ice fishing gear to fish for trout in the winter. What I meant was that there are parts on every trout stream that remain open in the winter. How that devolved into a personal argument, I have no idea. There are plenty of places to get involved in personal arguments on the internet, and I am glad to say that this is not one of them.

Now, I may not be familiar with the Miramichi, but if you went further upstream to the skinny water, would you find open, fishable water full of trout?