View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Bounce Nymphing?

Did anybody else read Larry Tullis article in Fly Fisherman on "bounce nymphing" and get the urge to try it out? to me it does seem like a very useful system that could increase hookups.

For those who didn't, its almost like "drop shotting" with a fly rod. The weight is on the bottom of the leader system, and is intended to drag the bottom. Two or more nymphs are then tied on droppers at 10-12" increments as you move up the leader. An indicator is used at the top, with its position varying depending on water depth. Total leader length also must vary depending on water depth. (I looked for the article on their site and its not up.)

My only hesitation to use it lies in the fact that it seems ideal in deep runs but not so great in pocket water. What do you guys think?

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.