Thread: Overloaded
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Doug,
I cannot tell you how glad i am to see a very respected authority debunk a rampant and worthless myth.

I also get especially tired of people suggesting overlining to beat wind, as this is exactly backwards. Overlining leads to greater rod bend, otherwise known as slowing down the rod. This generally leads to bigger loops, which is the exact WRONG thing to throw into the wind. I equate the advantage of a tight loop versus a large one to the difference between using a driver to hit a golf ball instead of a tennis ball. The weight might be the same, but the golf ball will travel much farther due to lower wind resistance.

Remember, if you've got a rod that you like but wish it was faster, try a lighter line!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.