View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wyoming's Medicine Bow national forest

Lambster

It has been quite awhile since I fished French Creek, but the fishing was very good. I have never fished Battle Creek, but again I would talk to the local fly shop for up to date information on any of the streams you are considering. I don't think you will have a problem with the water clarity. The run off is going down quick with the warm water we have been having lately. Now its more of an issue with the afternoon thunderstorms. PM me with your address and I will send you a map of the local streams/lakes.
I'd also consider the Encampment River (in the wilderness area) its a bit of a hike but the area is beautiful and the fishing can be very good. Also the North Platte has some good public access in the upper region. There is a public access point in the North Park area where the North Platte originates, if your willing to walk into the canyon you will find some very good fishing.

Larry