View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 05:51 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default re: Lewis and Harks Montana Exp of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharkin View Post
Hello all,

Does anybody have any recent (5-10 Sept) fishing reports in the Missoula area? I hope to be in that area this time next year and just wondering what kind of things to look for or expect. We did get in touch with the van/camper company but they are in the middle of revamping their fleet and pricing. Rather than post the company on this site, feel free to send me a PM and I will give you the contact info.

Take care.
Recent Report: Awesome fishing.

This year is not, by any stretch, a normal year. I floated the upper Blackfoot last week and it was amazing. The water temps are fluctuating between 50 - 58 degrees. There is still 2/3 more flow than a normal year.

The Clark Fork on the other hand has been in a funk all summer. Lots of speculation about the dam removal just upstream of Missoula, also the runoff and flooding was big.

Bitteroot is low and technical.

Rock Creek is flowing nicely and the fishin is easy, for the most part.

Personally, I would wait another week or two. Beginning of September is usually still summer, just the end of it. It's been 90 degrees for the past week. Wait till the middle of September at the earliest, the 15th. Tricos will be hatching stronger, BWO, October Caddis (big huge orange caddis) on the Blackfoot and Rock Ck...

That's what I would wait for. As a matter of fact, it IS exactly what I'm waiting for!