View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 05:22 AM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rotary Vise Question

Hi All.
Over the years I have made & used many Vises,at present I have six,like others I don't really get rid of any gear just acquire more.
I now mostly use one I made on a Lathe back in the eighties as well as a Dyna King & my latest one is an Atlas.
The Atlas was only $125 plus Shipping,it's a very well designed Vise,however some of the machining & tolerances were a little to be desired,however I corrected the problems & now have a beaut Vise which I mainly use to tie the smaller Flies as it has small strong finer Jaws than the two others.
Friends also have Renzetti's,Griffin's & Dyna King's,etc,as well as The El Cheapo Indian made ones,even though they aren't Rotary Vises they can still be used to tie good Flies.
I have found TheDyna King Vise has very strong Jaws & really hold the Hooks well,regardless of size,probably up there with the best of all Vises I have used.