View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 01:39 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Grand Lake Stream

I go to GLS 3 times a year. once in the spring, once in the summer for smallmouth in Big lake, & again in the fall, usually the first or second week in Oct. It's been open till the 20th for a few years now.
I stay at Gary Betz's GlS camps where the stream goes into Big Lake.
In the fall I usually have my best luck with
Streamers: Barnes Special, Black Ghosts, Green Ghosts, Witches, Black or green Wooley Buggers.

Nymphs: GRHE's, 14, 16, Green Caddis pupae & Larva,14,16,18, Pheasent Tails, 16, 18,20, Bead heads, Copper Johns etc.

Dry's: Adams 14,16,18, Henreyville caddis, Elk & Deer hair caddis Some times a PMD's , Basically anything you use for trout.
The waters on the high side now but hopefully it will come down a bit in the next few weeks.
You can get your flies in the General Store, just ask Kurt what's happening. I don't know when your going up there but ask Kurt if the "jersey guys " are there & if we're there look me up at the camp.

Neil