View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with Fly Fishing in the Great Lakes Surf

Hate to see you miss out on this season--- is there anything in terms of spey claves etc. coming up that would allow you to get something and some practice in before they start piling up in the mouths (Sept for salmon and browns in October?)?

I'm sure someone can give you good advice. Maybe start a thread and ask the Mich. and/or General Discussion board/s for info on a fly shop that does the spey thing so you could try it out, get some lessons and ask a ton of questions. I don't know anything about them, but heard that TFO came out with an 8 weight single hander that could be converted to a switch with the addition of some sort of an extension. Maybe some folks have some experience with that? You could also ask the same questions and get a lot of useful info/vid clips on the speypages dot com and sexyloops dot com. Wish I could be more help. Good luck! Hope you get some on flies this year.

peregrines