View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 10:42 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Re: Leaders and Tippet Material

Axel
The only stupid question is the one not asked. Keep it coming.
I've never used Cabela's leaders so I don't know about that.
I have used mix and match leader tippets. Never had a problem except maybe the tippet not turning over quite right. But that can be a problem even with matched leader/tippet. In the past I've mostly used Rio leaders with Rio tippet, Orvis tippet, Cortland tippet and I bought a 100 yard spool of Stren flourocarbon 4 lb test fishing line that I use as 5X tippet for nymphing.
Joni was kind enough to send me a couple of her furled leaders and I've been using them exclusively of late with all of the above tippet. Still waiting on the Kathy Scott DVD on making your own furled leaders so I can start doing that. The furled leaders turn over like a dream. I cast a 26 trico on 7x tippet tied to the furled leader and it drifted to the surface like a feather.