View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 02:08 PM

Taskienne is on a distinguished road
Default Franche-Comté (France)

Hello,

I'm Clément, I'm twenty, I'm french and I live in Franche-Comté, a nice land in east of France near Genève...

Excuse me, my english is not so good than I want... I came on this forum to echange whit american flyfishers, in front of understand what is fishing in america... Especially, what is the place its place in society ? Or what are the style of fishing ? Are people accepting to catch and release in yours countries ? There is measure to preserve wild fishs ?

But before, let me show what is my vision of flyfishing... I just practice in river, I don't really like Lake, but it's right we haven't really nice natural lakes in France.

I use an Rod, lenght 9', line 5... After my line a take 8 meters of leaders, finished by 8 to 16/100 of mm... I'm fishing whit small dryfly and nymph (hook n°14 to 18 generally)...

I praticipe dryfly when trouts ....... (How do you say when trout take insect on the surface ???) and nymph "in wiev" ("à vue" in french), it's seem I just fishing when I the the fish... I just fish wild yellow trout (fario in french), and for me nicest fishing is "in view" on big trout, hard to catch.

But let me show my rivers and my fishs...

A nice trout - dryfly (60 cm)
Click the image to open in full size.

A friend in fight whit a big trout on Loue. You can see how the water is clear, we can fishing "in view"...

Trout - nymph "in view" (57 cm)

Doubs River, beetwin France and Swiss. Near Goumois.

Catch ans Release everytime...

That's all. I hope you liked it.
Buy...