View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you repair Male Ferrule Scratches?

Use parafin wax. It will help stop further scratches, makes the parts seat more securely, but as for the scratches that are already there, you will have to live with them as far as I know. Look in the female end and make sure it is clean so you don't have something in there making new ones.

I use wax every time on my spey rods just because the forces exerted on the parts are far greater than in single hand rods. I have even started doing it on single hand rods where I am doing long periods of long casts. Stuff can come loose and break. Wax makes a slight mess but it beats a wrecked rod.

I would not use polish as it will lubricate the parts (or at least can) and end with a busted rod. Don't do it, and if you already have use alcohol and remove it.
Dan