View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 05:23 PM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice
Default called out for an emergency

Got an emergency call from my friend who owns the pond with the BIG bluegills yesterday.
The phone rang and when I answered he excitedly shouted, "Get here quick! The 'gills are bitin' like crazy today!"

I told my son to grab his fly rod, and we hit the road. I keep a 3wt in the truck, but on the way out the door I grabbed the 6wt cane rod for a change.

Too busy with catch & release to walk back to the truck to get the camera I forgot so I could take pics , but we each caught several very nice 'gills (for this area, many 9+" and they are thick & good fighters). I had a blast with the cane rod, those 'gills can bend it into the cork!

Probably not a lot of fishing time left this fall (deer archery season opens Saturday and keeps me occupied for a few weeks), maybe some late October & November trips if the weather cooperates. But if not, we still had a very memorable day as the summer weather says goodby.