View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Pattern Productivity, What Works;

Hi William, you're welcome and thank you right back

The original Nine Three pattern or the variations I make of it have been catching trout and salmon for me since I first started tying it circa 1979 - 80. If you learn to tie and fish feather wing streamers you won't go back to any other type of wet fly. They are like fishing with spinners except you feel like you've accomplished something because they're just feathers. The hit you get is similar to a fish stopping a spinner on the retrieve.

I've been a dedicated streamer fisher for almost 20 years now. I became an opportunistic dry fly guy and still use them but the streamer is my favorite way to fish for larger trout or salmon.

Ard

PS. Check the Flies For Alaska Salmon & Steelhead thread in the Alaska forums, there you can find many wild looking patterns that you can talk a fish into hitting. Flies for AK. Salmon & Steelhead Fishing

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;