View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 01:55 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Pattern Productivity, What Works;

This fly, from page 2 of 'Flies for Alaska Salmon & Steelhead' caught 9 salmon today and didn't come apart. Todays date: September 20, 2011, there is still a good month of fishing left before cold becomes a problem. I'm going to keep fishing for one of our big rainbow trout until the ice makes me quit. When you look at the second fish on this thread you may understand how it's hard to know when you are seeing a trout or if you're looking at a semi fresh silver / coho salmon.

Orange Cross;

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Not all were this dark but this one shows the fly, I was hunting for rainbow trout / steelhead and there are some here. the problem is that they are hanging around the salmon and you can't keep the salmon off your fly. Imagine that! It's for real, I could have caught many many more salmon but if I can see one start chasing the fly I speed it away from them. If I were to let every one that goes after the fly grab it I would not be doing much trout hunting.

I also took 4 more on the Black Heron today;

One of the fish that grabbed the Black Heron Spey fly;

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 09-21-2011 at 12:51 PM.