View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 02:35 PM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: fly rod signature

i've read many people, among those who consider the final handwriting needs to compliment a finely made rod, will use india ink which is permanent. they will apply the ink through a rapidograph pen, which is a fine instrument available at art supply stores and used in the drafting/architectural industries. rapidographs, and others of that type, come in various widths. any pen used for handwriting requires practice and a steady hand to look neat when applied to a rod. on the otherhand, i've seen some gawdawful writing too, so it all depends on your priorities.

decalconnection.com also offers easily applied decals which can be transferred as a waterslide or dry depending on what you opt for and many different fonts can be used. i think they can also transfer handwriting into a decal too but check with them.

as an aside, they also offer 5-6 different styles of "alignment dots" available as decals too.

eric
fresno, ca.