View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Winston Boron IIt or IIx rods?

Hi gvillevol,

I am not familiar with the boron rods. Joni and Mojo are Winston fans and they can help you out. If they miss this thread send Joni a PM.

I can't say that any rod is "the way to go". Some people love the Winston action but I prefer Sages or Scotts. When you spend this kind of money the buyer is usually experienced and has specific things they like or don't like. Your recommendation of casting the rods before you buy is great advise. If your friend is looking at a 3wt the Winston could be a good choice but so is the Sage ZXL and the SCott G2. How does your friend like your ZXL?

Frank