Thread: fiber glass rod
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 03:49 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: fiber glass rod

I have yet to attempt a complete build of a rod. Been tempted a few times, but just never pulled the trigger on it! I agree with RipTide about fixing up an old rod, I have a couple of glass fly rods, and all I did was replace the guides on them. The handles & reel seats were fine. Both rods were yard sale items & I've got less than $50 tied up in both of them including the new guides.

They're fun to fish with too, but do cast quite a bit differently than modern graphite rods. Whatever you decide to do, best of success with it. Keep us informed on the progress of the project!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!