View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 06:24 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Which New Wading Boot?

I just returned after an afternoon on my favorite stream where I tried out my new Simms Headwaters wading shoes (with the carbide studs).

The stream bottom is covered with algae covered rocks & mud. I was wary about the traction I would get as compared to my older felt soled boots. I am happy to report that the traction was the same. The Simms boots had superior traction on the stream bank and on dry ground. My older felt soled boots used to be a bit slippery on the grassy banks.

My good fortune carried into the fishing, landed several rainbows and a large brown. As luck would have it, I did not have my camera and so their memory remains solely in my mind

Overall, I am thrilled about the Simms Headwaters Boots with the installed studs. The boots offer the same traction as felt in the water, while being better on the stream banks. Plus they are significantly lighter than my old felt soled boots.