View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 11:44 AM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: New strike indicator - SNAPZ Strike Indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillevol View Post
. . . They come in two sizes and numerous colors. . . .
Actually, gvillevol, like Frank said they come in three sizes - 1", 3/4" & 1/2". The super-sensitivity you mention is a great advantage to me. I had great luck using both the large 1" and medium 3/4" when fly-fishing those large wary Rainbows on the San Juan/NM recently. I was able to hook probably 2-3 times as many with the Thingamabobber than previously with the foam-type indicators that are so popular up there. I only wish you could buy them in just one color. I found the best color to use on the San Juan was the white ones, as they blended in well with the foam bubbles on those seams in the river between two different currents, where I had good results nymphing during mid-day when the trout leave the flats for deeper water.