View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Which New Wading Boot?

Silver & Everyone who has responded,

This post sort of tells the rest of the boot story, and why I'm in the market for more.

I wore a pair of vintage Brogue boots yesterday, they are a late 1990's version and they were much more comfortable for the long creek hike I put in than the 2 year old Korker boots I have.

I should have written this in original content: Although I may purchase another Korker product the pair I currently own has a malady. The right boot is self destructing, interestingly enough a forum member who visited here and fished with me this summer has the same boot with the same 'right foot' problem.

I contacted Korkers customer service and did my best to be completely honest; I confessed that the boots were over a year old (about 14 months at the time of call) but I pressed the point that I use a river boat to get to where I fish and have not worn the boots for hiking creeks. I described the overall condition of the left shoe as like new and the right as coming apart and extremely uncomfortable on the foot. I also told the fellow that I had purchased every sole that was sold for the boot in question and if they were not interchangeable with the 'new' boot it would be a problem.

The rep on the phone told me that since the boot was over 12 months old they would not be covered by warranty but I could send them back if I wanted. I felt as if my reporting on the boots was in doubt and was reluctant to pay 18.00 to mail them in with no indication that the company would be stepping up on the product. Yes they are over 12 months but yes I do ride in a boat and wade only a hundred yards in either direction prior to moving the boat so.................... That's why I was looking at Simms and Orvis for a new boot.

As I said before thanks to all of you for giving me all this feedback on your chosen wading boot. It will go a long way in my decision on a new pair.

Thanks again,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;