View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 07:27 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Winston Boron IIt or IIx rods?

I have the BIIX 6w. I love that rod. But it's not a rod for everyone. The BIIX is med fast, the BIIT is a little slower and the BIIMX is the fastest of the boron rods. I like it (BIIX) because with my casting style, it's sssmmmooootttthhh. Like I said I have the 6w and it's lighter than most 4w's out there.
My suggestion is, try everything you can get your hands on and then pick the one you like. If it's $600+ save up for it. You won't regret it. If it's a $100 used Vapor and you love it, buy it and you won't regret it either.
Winston (as said previously) is made by hand in Twin Bridges Montana. Sweetgrass is down the road from them.
FWIW Sweetgrass also is making graphite and glass rods now.