View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 01:47 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Smoky Moutain Fishing Help

I have fished a bit in that area using a spinning outfit (not a whole lot though). In my experience, the most productive lures there were roostertails/spinners, of the smaller and even smaller varieties. I would say make sure to have the whole spectrum covered, so some of darker colors and some very light. Both black and white are both classically productive, but it wouldn't hurt to have some in-betweens if you can't wrestle up bites. I'm only slightly further than yourself in the progression from spinning outfits to fly fishing, so I'm more than happy to help a fellow new recruit! Here's hoping my advice is actually worth something

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...