View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 01:59 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ross Canyon Big Game 4

I have Canyon BG-5 sitting on my desk as I write this. This is a solid piece of work that you could probably hammer one of the new light weight skeleton reels flat with. If you are using a heavier rod this should balance just fine and, as said above, has good sounds.

Not to digress too much but if I am wading a bonefish flat, I want a light precise # 8 or 9 rod rigged with a large diameter but narrow width reel that is also light and smooth. If I am (as I will be in a couple of days) bouncing around in a rip current off a Long Island point hunting albies in a center consol boat, I want a larger diameter, thicker walled #9 rod ballenced with a heavier reel both of which can withstand the thrashing run-and-gunning after up-and-down albies intails.

I like sports cars but not for trailering a boat down a rutted dirt track and the Ross Canyon, appropriate to its task, is a pick-up truck.