View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 10:29 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Re: the novice at hand

Welcome aboard OneMule.
I'm a little confused by what you mean. "i am a little confused with all the lines in question.starter line,tippet and then the leader line. "
The correct order for setting up your rig is fly line, leader, then tippet.
I don't fish California but a good rule of thumb on new water, or any water for that matter, is turn over a few rocks and see what kind of bugs are there, watch the flying bugs (catch one if you can) and just watch the water for awhile looking for signs of what the fish are doing. Are they rising real hard, porpoising, not rising at all. That kind of thing.
It's always a good idea to stop at the closest fly shop on your way in and just ask the guys what they think. They're the experts about their area. Then you can stock up on flies that will most likely produce for you. Then when you get to the spot turn a few rocks, observe and pick a fly from the ones you got at the fly shop.
Good luck and enjoy