View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 08:05 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Winston Boron IIt or IIx rods?

Since you say the rod will be used for nymphing, the BIIx just has to be tried. I love them when high-sticking because of the feel they provide and the lack of weight of that long lever of a fly rod.
There are now three different choices of the BIIx technology and I own and fish all three:
The BIIt is a softer, dry fly-type rod. Smooth and light.
The original BIIx is the workhorse. It is extremely light yet has a ton of range... from 20' to the full line it handles it well. Just don't horse it!
The BIImX is their new 'meat' rod. Even though they made it faster than the BIIx, it still has great feel close-in. I took it out west last week while with the MFFC and a few die-hard lovers of other brands said it is next on their wish list.
Rods are so darned personal to take anyones word for the right rod for any one person is silly... they just have to be cast with the line you intend on using.