View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: I need new waders

Hi Jig Stick,

Choosing waders can be a frustrating process, what with all the different brands and then come the myriad of price points that further confuse the customer............ There are several things that bring the choice to a personal level; budget, and how tough will you be on the wader are the two at the top of the list. I am not the sort of fellow who pays the highest price just because everyone else does. Price counts but I am hard on waders. I wander through heavy riverside bush and spend a lot of time on the knees so tough really matters. I have owned SealDri, Red Ball, Hodgman, Orvis (made by Hodgman) LL Bean (Wicked Tough - discontinued) and now these Simms. SealDri are no longer made but all the others are still around. My fishing buddy from PA. wore Patagonia and he liked them so I'll give then the nod based on his use.

It will be 2 years ago this November that I replaced my waders with a pair of Simms G3 in large tall. I gave them a good workout and then sent them in to Simms before the one year mark had past. They patched a number of tiny leaks that I had not really noticed and it is my impression that by doing this (1 year service) the warranty lives on. I'll find out this November. The wader cost 399.00 but they seem to take a real beating. Most recently I somehow slipped on the step that leads off our front porch into the driveway when loading the truck & boat for a trip, I was wearing the waders......... I landed on the left knee and then followed closely with the right! No tear, no visible damage, amazing.

So price and use habits are what you should consider. I've never owned what could be termed cheap waders because I always wanted them to keep me dry and not to tear while I was in them. If you get a high quality make you will not have to walk as if you are on egg shells

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;