View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 01:41 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all
Default Re: Southwest Oregon - Early October

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Hi there!
Just found this site, seems to be alot of great information on here.
Looking at the Grants Pass area in Early October, not looking for anyones rock to stand on, but, some areas to concentrate on would be great.

My wife and I only chuck feathers and are looking for some bank accessible water to swing flys , or hit some tailouts with a egg patterns, as I think the trout will be keying in on the spawning salmon.

As we have never fished that area (last year we hit the Bend area and had lots of fun on the Metolious, Deschutes and the Fall) would like some pointers and maybe a few shops that we should hit up and possibly a guide or two for a daytrip?

Really appreciate any information you might be able to forward on, always willing to trade a few BC spots with ya.

Regards

Dean
Hi Dean and welcome to the site.

google Fly Fish USA they've been in the business for years and should be able to help you.
I've ony fished the lower parts of the Rogue so no help from me for the Grants Pass area, hope you have a good trip.

Rick