Thread: My first trip
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 10:53 AM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My first trip

a coworker/friend of mine went out with my regular fishing buddy (two-timer!), accompanied by a flyfishing guide we know for a story in our newspaper on flyfishing for wild trout in the yosemite high country. i guess i didn't grease my photo editor's palms enough that week. the reporter had only caught fish on conventional tackle and when looking at the stream they visited thought immediately to himself, there's no WAY fish can be in there. i know this area, it's one of my favorites, and is quite beautiful. frank, you may know of it.

when the reporter caught his first wild fish on a dry, the proverbial light bulb went off and he said, Now i know why you guys love this stuff so much!

if you're interested in seeing what the area looks like, check out the link and look for the article called Trial by Trout. it's in the sports section, subsection outdoors. i'm sharing this not as advertisement, just to share what one of my fave areas looks like (sorry if it requires registration, i don't recall) but it's an interesting read for beginners:

http://www.fresnobee.com/371/index.html

eric
fresno, ca.