View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:34 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default How Many Tapers do we Really Need????

It's time for my yearly fly line order. I just spent 20 minutes on RIO's website and I now have a migraine! I'm ok with a cold water line and a warm water line and few different tapers for different applications but do we really need a line for every species on earth????
I've decided to capitalize on this marketing strategy and come up with a few lines we can actually use, sort of like a Jay Leno List:

1. The classic stuck in a tree fly line (CSIT). For those of us who have a better chance of snagging a bird than landing a fish. Available in 1-8WT, will be measured by "hang time" rather than sink rate.

2. The just get it out there fly line (JGIOT). For us salt guys who just need to get it out past the surf. Form, loops, line speed, I don't care just get over that wave.

3. The intentionally crappy fly line (ICFL). Some times we just don't catch fish, it's definately not our fault! This line will stand up to verbal and physical abuse well and you don't have to worry about it since it's a crappy line anyway.

4. Dust Repellant Taper (DRT). Specifically designed to repel dust while it sits in the closet with the other 45 different lines that you "NEED". (designed by AUSABLEBROWN)

5. Terribly Expensive Disappointment (TED) Designed for the perfect cast, every time, on every rod, except the rod you own. As an added bonus, this line costs 30% more than most other lines on the market. (designed by KEVINTHEBASSMAN)

6. Endorsed by Insert Semi-Famous Fisherman Here (EIS-FFH). Hey, this guy uses it. You want to be like him, right? So what if he's a notorious hack with poor casting form and halitosis, psoriasis, and dandruff? He's famous. Sorta. (designed by KEVINTHEBASSMAN)

To get a discount please use the following promo code when ordering: itsreallyslowatworktoday.

Last edited by swirlchaser; 10-06-2011 at 05:46 PM.