Thread: Bandon-Oregon
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 01:04 AM

bilder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bandon-Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digcoop View Post
Hello everyone,
Headed to Bandon the second week of October for a work thing but will have three days to do whatever I want. Fly Fishing for trout is my preference. Looking for a little help and advice on where to go. I will have a rental car. Can anyone head me in the right direction??

Appreciate any help.
I grew up about 10 miles from there. Have not been back in years, but there are a few rivers in the area that used to have good fishing, not sure what the condition is these days.

You have the Coquille river, which empties into the sea right there in Bandon. Numerous creeks join the river along the way. Then you have the Sixes river not too far off, it is to the south of town if I remember right. Also have the Coos river as well.

A number of lakes to fish as well. Lakeside is an hour or so from there and you can fish the Tenmile Lake system for trout and bluegill. If you want to really go for a drive and see some nice country, head up to Powers. The Coquille river headwaters are in that area and there is some good trout fishing up there.

You can always fish the surf off the jetty by the lighthouse as well. Caught many a perch from there when I was a teenager.

Stop by a local tackle shop and they will probably be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

Enjoy and good luck!