View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 05:42 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: How Many Tapers do we Really Need????

I am with you on the insanity of all this. I trout fish; dry fly, wet fly, nymph. I toss streamers. I've been fly fishing for 15 years or something like that.

I have a 2 WT a 4WT and a 6 WT, all WF lines, but I'm sure they are all different. I had a cheap line my 6 WT and thought I hated the rod (once I learned to cast, I've had that rod for a while) but then put a better line on it and there is a difference.

I fish for trouts in freestones and tailwaters, cricks and sloughs and sometimes a small lake. I use the same damn line every day I fish. The LAST thing I want to worry about is the specific taper of my line.

Learn to cast your rod and line and then go try to catch fish! Enough of the "industry" telling and selling what we "need". I makes me sick.