Thread: Been Awhile!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 02:03 PM

philthy is on a distinguished road
Default Been Awhile!

Hey Ya'll,

It's been awhile since I've checked in here and I just wanted to say hi. To say things have been a little hectic for me lately would be an understatement LOL.

I finally had surgery for my hernia a week ago today and am glad to have that behind me! Still moving a little slow, but it gets better every day. I've got an appointment this afternoon to find out what my limitations will be when I go back to work on Monday. Speaking of which....

I (along with close to 800 others) was given a pink slip out of the blue on August 22nd. Fortunately, I was already looking for another job and accepted an offer the Tuesday before that. Best of all, it worked out to about 15% more pay, better benefits, and WAY better hours. Now I'll be able to spend more time with loved ones on "normal" weekends.

It still hurts to see so many friends that made the old company their life, only to have their dreams thrown out with the trash. It's too bad and I don't expect this company to return in force any time soon. Just too many lies and bridges burned. At least my surgery was taken care of under workman's comp. Or at least the bill collectors haven't shown up yet LOL.

In the meantime, we've been busy tying flies and putting away the Hatch green chili. There's 80 pounds of the roasted ones in medium and hot in the freezer. I just hope that'll last until next year. Fishing's been a little tough the last few times we've been out and we're looking forward to the "dog days" ending soon! By the end of this month I should be healed enough and the fish cooperating a little more.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. I've kinda missed it around here.

Phil