View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Echo 2 Series

Thanks for the review Doug! I was planning on gettin the ECHO Classic 7wt but you may have convinced me otherwise.

One question, I noticed on the ECHO site that they say for most every rod in the ECHO2 series
Quote:
It has a fast action when the ā€œAā€ tip is used and has a medium fast action when the ā€œDā€ tip is used.
I find this perplexing because I think of a distance rod as being of a faster action and an "accuracy" rod being one that is of a bit slower action. I also realize that it could be that with the "D" tip, the rod bends deeper into the blank, but returns to straight faster, making it faster in reaction if not initial flex. Did you find this to be the case with the rods? Or is the "D" tip just stouter to make the rod sort of a half line weight heavier and thus more adept at casting long lines?

Thanks for your help

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.