View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 08:04 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Great Lakes Steel On a Dry?

About 2 years ago (or more) in the spring I watched a big buck take some type of mayfly on the surface. I've never seen anything like that happen since but a few guys I know around here have seen the same thing on occasion. Again low, gin clear conditions and this fish had been in the river a while as he was colored up and pretty beat up. I would guess spring to be the best time to really give it a solid shot with the hatches starting up and the hold overs acting like giant trout (well they are) theres not much coming off the water to get their attention this time of year, maybe autum sedges but if I'm not mistaken they tend to crawl out rather than surface hatch. I'll still give it a try when all else fails, we're getting another decent shot of rain so hopefully more players enter the tribs.