View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: "Wish I had known the record" club

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygrlz View Post
Both are beautiful catch.

Ard... that must have been one hell of a fight. He's HUMONGOUS!
That big bright one; actually he ran strait upstream and into a huge pool about 80 yards above me. I went up there and once I turned him toward me and got him coming to shore head first and fast I scurried back into the bushes and slid him onto the sandy shore with little commotion to speak of. It just took a little while to hoist him toward the surface and get him turned, after that is was short and uneventful. I've had smaller fish take off down river and make me follow them hundreds of yards all the way to the surf.

This one grabbed a size 6 'Ard's Nine Three' tied on a little Partridge Bartleet hook while I was trout fishing about 3 weeks ago. It was almost 33" long and very fat for a ripe male. I was using my 1979 Far & Fine 5 weight and a Featherweight reel when this mistake took place. Same deal got him up, turned him and brought him in. The only worry here was the 8 pound fluorocarbon tippet I was using, like I said I was trout fishing............... Even though he was ripe I thought it was beautiful and showing no signs of deterioration as of that time.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;