View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Flies for AK. Salmon & Steelhead Fishing

This fly was tied while I was participating in last winter's Salmon Fly Tie Along thread hosted by our member Pocono. It is called the Jock O' Dee, since I began fishing with it this fall it has caught trout, salmon, char and grayling in great numbers. Of course I have made more even though they weren't an easy tie.

The complete recipe and tying instruction can be found on page 45 of the thread and you can find it in the General Fly Tying Discussion forum here Salmon Fly Tie-Along? You will need to scroll through the thread from this point to reach the tying step by step photos. I highly recommend this as a trout & salmon streamer, don't be afraid to make that hackle long!

Click the image to open in full size.

This is a split wing Dee style fly and it works very well.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 07-24-2013 at 12:53 AM.