View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:36 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furled leaders even off a 2-hander.

Indeed WT, indeed.

I've used a couple of 'brands' of furled leaders (single hander/2-hander) and the base problem (my perspective only) was (with each) the weave was far (and I do mean toooo far) to loose.

Used two different 'brands' before I got my first set from "Joni" and they didn't last more than a couple of days of hard fishing (single and spey) before they were fried/frail/what-ever. For small stream fishing this may be totally appropriate for all I know, but for my applications? Nada.

"Furl Girl" the tie is tight as a tic and they lay out ... well hell, call it for what it is ... SWEET. Not a sign of ware on any of them.

If casting at a distance, regardless of the rod your using is the plan .. think about it .. $6.00 a pop.

Ya-ya this sounds like I'm getting them for free ... not so I can assure you. A $27.00 cheque off in todays mail. No shxt.

I don't 'recommend' diddly unless I've paid for same "out of pocket." Superior product? Sing its praises or keep your mouth shut? Well .. that's not totally true; hit a clinker?

Never mind.

fae

Side bar to 'Joni' if she reads this stuff: For two handers (6-9 wt rods) 10-12 footers would be way-cool if that's reasonable to do. No Clue on that.
Fred