View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 10:45 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vintage Orvis CFO?

If you can't get anyone to answer your question, try contacting Orvis. I have heard from others that the staff at Orvis can answer questions about older product.

customer_service@orvis.com

You have yourself a fine reel. As of what year CFO 3, my guess that it is a 70s model. Keep in mind that I said, "guess." I have seen a few of them around from guys who still use theirs today. If I recall, the #3 model was for a 5, 6, or 7 weight (that would be a 7 wt without much backing).

If you decide to keep it, and want to have the reel serviced, I recommend Bill Archuleta of Archuleta's Reel Works in Grants Pass, Oregon. He can make parts for the reel if something breaks.

Dennis