View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Vintage Orvis CFO?

Best I can tell you is that since it lacks the exposed rivets on the back plate it is a later model made by a British reel shop but not by Hardy. The design is basically the same as the hardy built reel but lacking the rivets and as mentioned the foot attachment differs. (Guess circa 1995 and newer)

These are exceptional trout reels and can be used to handle large fish due to the palming rim. They are smooth and the only thing I can think of ailing an older reel would be week springs. It is important to release tension on the drag when not using the reel. Leaving the springs compressed all the time will weaken them over time.

As for service, I can't imagine a shop with more CFO knowhow than the people at Orvis, generally if you need springs or pawls for one of these there may be no charge. I seem to remember them providing pawls for my old Battenkill 3/4 at no charge, that's where I get that idea from.

Nice reel,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;