View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member from NM

James: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! I've fished the San Juan a few times and understand the excitement you shared about fly fishing there. It can get pretty crowded there at times but it sure does offer up some great trout fishing on like you say the tiniest of flies, I normally like to use size 24/26 flies. I don't know if you noticed or not, but when wading as you kick up the silt from the bottom of the river as you move about the fish will stack up just downstream of your feet, it is a pretty interesting thing to watch. Last time I was down there I had 11 fish stacked up downstream of me, with the nearest fish just inches from my wading boots.

Larry