Thread: Hatch and Loop
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 09:14 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatch and Loop

I won't talk about Loops since I have not touched one in awhile. Here in California, I only know of one shop based out of San Francisco carrying the brand.

Hatch makes a wonderful product. The frame and spool are machined beautifully. The drag is silky smooth as well as powerful. In the realm of fully sealed stacked washer disk drag systems, you would probably have to get yourself a Mako to have a better drag system.

My favorite thing of about the Hatch reels is that every moving part of it is internalized in the sealed hub. There are no pawls, clickers, or spring exposed. There are no silly parts to get lost.

The only negative feedback that I have gotten is that the reels can be a bit on the heavy side.

Dennis