Thread: Hatch and Loop
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 11:29 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hatch and Loop

I have 2 Hatch Reels; a 5+ for my Z-Axis and a 7+ on a Scott S4s for bonefish. MP said it; briliantly designed, great reels...solid as a stone. And not too heavy in my opinion but Hatch has heard this comment and this year has re-designed their porting and housing supports to be lighter than before.

Loops were inovative initially but on some models you reeled against the drag setting...not for me. Now they are (I have heard) made in China. Another Scandinavian, Danielson, makes a very fine and somewhat esoteric, extra large-arbor reel worth looking at instead of Loop. More US dealers too.

In this group of new age fly reel design, you migh also add for consideration the Florida-built Nautilus NV with a "G" spool.